Sunday, April 20, 2008

A changing of the guard

After some time as Editor-In-Chief, it is now time for me to announce that I will be changing my role at The Python Papers. Maurice Ling is now acting Editor-In-Chief, while I remain in a supporting role as co-Editor-In-Chief. In our next issue we will be publishing a request for expressions of interest for additional editors and will at that point run an open process to formally elect an Editor-In-Chief.

It has been my pleasure to put together The Python Papers and my pride that it has been a quality offering and found some place in the community. I intend to continue to help put each issue together, find articles and investigate the Python community, but it is now time for someone else to take over the reigns and put their stamp on the journal.

Maurice is a fine candidate for the position, having been one of our founding editors and the primary driver of our academic section.

Thanks for your readership,
-Tennessee

No comments: